Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Takin' it back to the old school...cause I'm an old fool.

No plans this weekend? If your answer is an emphatic 'no' then you should consider this idea! Instead going to your same-o, lame-o Cinemark or AMC down the street, take your sweet lil' lady or handsome hunk to the drive-in movie!! If you have never been, I just know you would really enjoy it :) Lately, I have really been craving going to go and I chalk that up to this glorious, fresh weather. Justin and I went for our first time about a year ago to Galaxy Drive-In theater in Ennis, TX. We opened up the back of his good 'ole Tahoe, spread out some blankets, visited the snack stand (we mayyyyy or may not have enjoyed a funnel cake!;)) and watched the creepy movie "Orphan" with hundreds of other folks outside. I just loved the experience (not so much the movie) and it seemed so nostalgic. I felt just like Sandy and Danny, straight up....Grease lightning was about to break out full force any minute. Though the next morning was rough....we went on a work night and it is not exactly a quick trip...it was so worth it and I am itching to go back!!




Also, Galaxy Drive-In boasts a great little miniature golf course complete with palm trees (above), so if you're an early bird...you catch the worm and can play a round or two before your movie (for about 3 bucks!) 


In addition to wearing saddle shoes and a poodle skirt to our next movie, I'd love to roll up in one of these...(maybe one day...:))






Here is a list of Drive-In theaters near you in case you're wondering! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to go!! We all should go next time I come up with hailey