Howdy peeps!
Hope your weekend was fun, relaxing and everything you dreamed it would be on Friday at 4:30 PM!
Justin and I had a great, full weekend! God was exceptionally good to us and quite frankly, we’re just not ready to go back to work yet. (Can I get an amen on that!!?) I’m exhausted... but first, a few highlights from our time off the ol'e 8-5.
*We had dinner with some great friends at an old Italian restaurant in Funky Town on Friday night. Both of our parents used to go on dates there a while back, so it is kind of a sentimental spot. They have live music, the wait-staff sings (our waitress was really great!) and there are private booths for seating. While the food might be slightly overpriced for what it is….we had a fantastic time. (Italian Inn, in case you’re wondering!)
*Went mountain bike shopping with J and uh oh! We might have found a new (expensive) but oh-so-fun hobby!! (I am feeling that if I were to get a bike, a huge investment should go towards protective gear….and lots of it! :-O)
*Had a great lil’ meal of coconut shrimp & fish at Joes Crab Shack….a place we haven’t been to in a while and I forgot how good it is.
*Watched the most touching, riveting special on 9/11 that I have ever seen. It was on The History Channel and truly showed some graphic things I have never seen before. It brought back vivid feelings and memories from that day, 9 years ago, that I heard the shattering news in English class. This special spurred within me a much deeper sympathy for those who lost loved ones in the tragedy and a more profound gratitude towards those individuals who are currently sacrificing to serve and defend our country. Not to be a cheese-ball, but I am so grateful for every day we live freely and….God Bless the USA!
*Got to see Loren Fowler at Church this AM – yesss!!
*Our first community group gathering was tonight and it was the bomb. Really, we have already been so blessed by Keystone Church and cannot wait to hang out with our group more. (Btw, our pastor Brandon definitely played a clip from Dumb and Dumber this morning that was just classic and hilarious. I know that sounds weird but it was perfect and I am a fan of anyone who will incorporate Lloyd Christmas into their scriptural teachings ;))
*HUGE one: we got out of a speeding ticket as we were pulled over on the way to community group…Praise the Lord!! Let’s just say it is a good thing Justin grew up in Keller, we are newlyweds, the cop had a great marriage himself and the Cowboys were playing tonight. (All things mentioned in hopes of getting out scotch free. Annnnd…boom. Our ploys worked! We are ticket-less :) ) And I’ll leave who was driving un-named…. :)
*The Rangers & Aggies won!
*The Cowboys did not win….however, the good news here is, we still have a lot of time in the season left!! Right?!
*Lastly, I ‘crafted’ for a while on Saturday and made my friend Lesley a frame for her daughter, Lindsey. She is a freshman at Tarleton, just pledged AGD and wanted something funky for her pink & zebra room. It gave me flashbacks of painting and making all sorts of Chi-O things when I first pledged at A&M. I think everything I could get my hands on I painted red and yellow ('scuse me...'cardinal' and 'straw') and looking back, I might have overdone it a bit ;) I really enjoyed making this for frame for Lindsey, though, and hope she has a blast at school!

Until next time, love, joy and don't speed...
C&J


3 comments:
So glad ya'll had a GREAT weekend!! I did learn some info that you hadn't mentioned aka the speeding incident hahaha ~ who was the unmentioned driver? Have a great Monday C and Jgra
So glad ya'll had a GREAT weekend!! I did learn some info that you hadn't mentioned aka the speeding incident hahaha ~ who was the unmentioned driver? Have a great Monday C and Jgra
Courtni, thanks for the mention of Lindsey and I, I will share this with her, he Alpha Gam's LOVED the frame!!!
I hope you didn't get a ticket after dropping the frame at your mom's house!
Have a great week, keep the blogs coming.
Lesley
Post a Comment