Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Though I want a WAY cuter font...this will have to do for now :)

Hello fellow bloggers!

Hope your Labor day weekend was full of labor-less activities and you enjoyed some relaxation & one last weekend of fun-in-the-sun :)!

Courtni and Justin, here, entering the intense, somewhat intimidating world of blogging today. I guess it really should be said that by "we," I mean me ("Cstar"), doing the blogging with the support, love and affirmation that is much needed from my loving husband ("Jgra"), but that's just a minor detail :)

So, I have wanted to blog for quite some time now and I guess today seemed like the day to take the plunge. For the moment, there is no extreme rhyme or reason to this blog...it's going to be as random as the thoughts in my head (scary!) Though, I feel confident as time goes on and my blogging skills become exceptionally refined, there will be some consistency and maybe even entertaining or helpful information you will benefit from and will keep you itching for more :)

I think it is only fitting to begin our blog by introducing who we are before sharing our journey through life with the "www". Yes, I am well aware of the fact that the only reader of this blog may, in fact, be our immediate family...and that is fine (we love y'all!). But in the chance that some reader out there doesn't know who we are and what "The Greshams" are all about...I'll catch you up to speed real quick.

Justin & I met at Texas A&M in '07 (whoop!) but it wasn't until after college that we connected and fell in love. Our relationship began with a distance between us: him living in good 'ole Austin, TX and me in Dallas. Six months of that and we just had to be together. I 'stole' him from his bachelor-living life in ATX and brought him to his home...DFW. Six months later, we were engaged at our first date spot and six months after that on 4/17/10, we officially became "The Greshams!" You might say that is a fairly fast-paced track, and it sort of was, but the age-old saying "You'll just know when they're the one," was true...and we couldn't wait to be roomies forever :)

Where are we now? Currently, we call a cozy, creek-side 2 bedroom apartment in Bedford home and both have jobs in Dallas (ew!). We love to work out, dance, spend time with friends & family, be outdoors, fish, laugh and go on adventures together. We are constantly getting ourselves into new hobbies (biking, photography, music, crafts) and just love making the most out of our days. We love to travel and explore new places and hope to visit places as far and wide as our time and $ will allow us to. We love Jesus and are undoubtedly grateful for HIS grace and mercies on us, everyday. He is the sole reason we live and we are thankful for every minute we can share the love and joy He has given us with others!

Next week will mark our 5 month-iversary (wow, time flies!!) and we couldn't be happier! I have always heard the first year of marriage is the toughest, but for us so far? We're just having an absolute blast and feel so, so blessed. Now, we will begin to share with you bloggers, a little bit of our adventures as newlyweds.....and even shenanigans (mostly due to Courtni...surprise, surprise! :) )

Enjoy the refreshing rain today and stay tuned for more to come from The Greshams!:)


-Court & Justin

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You finally got the blog set up!! Will be fun reading.