Thursday, January 27, 2011

House Proud




I hope the day never comes when my wife has to choose between me or Nate Berkus. I think I would lose.


Do you watch The Nate Berkus show?? Justin posted the above quote on FB the other day and while it is NOT true...I do love me some Nate! If you love design,  DIY projects, etc. and do not know who NB is...promise me you will dvr his show soon....you will love him, too. ;)


I know Justin struggles to understand why (which, is actually OK with me:)), but I am an unashamed NB groupie. I cannot help or avoid it. One of my favorite parts of his show is his "House Proud" segment where people submit photos and videos of elements of their homes they are proud of. I love seeing all the creativity and unique ideas people come up with and it makes me ITCH to be in a house, soon. Don't get me wrong...I do love our 3rd floor bungalow! There are so many limitations with an apartment (i.e. only allowed to paint ONE wall. Well, I guess we broke that rule) that make it feel fairly un-workable, sometimes. Sometimes, my head will spin with ideas to make this place come even more to life, but I quickly curb my ideas and put them in a mental file folder until we are in a space that allows us to rip up carpet, paint an entire room and stain our kitchen cabinets. I keep thinking we might really help out the apartment complex rent out our space if they did allow these things!! Not so sure they agree with me on this issue!


Hopefully, soon, we will have a House Proud of our own and mayyyyyybe can score a seat on the NB show!!! ;)

0 comments: