Last year, my wonderful mother-in-law got me a heated throw blanket and honestly, when I opened it I had NO idea how much I would grow to love a piece of fleece. I am super cold natured (basically anything below 80 degrees is freezing to me), so I absolutely love curling up with my cold-killing throw. Unlike a full-sized heated blanket, heating pad or Snuggie, it is the perfect size and mine is so incredibly soft. (However, if they have a heated Snuggie that I am unaware of...that might just outdo my throw). Somehow, my coveted throw blanket did not make the move from my parents house to our apartment, probably because we moved in the spring/summer. Sok I snatched it back a couple of weeks ago and have already pulled it out for the winter season (and/or the whole year!) There is one downfall to this geriatric habit of mine: Justin....does NOT love my cotton companion. He is exactly opposite of me- a hot natured being - so just the thought of my heated blank-ey makes him sweat. I have to stay far away from him when I have it on (most nights and at the highest temperature, I might add!!). He calls me granny for using it....and I just really don't care. I'm warm. and happy. :)
Mine is a Sunbeam and I'm pretty sure they can be found at Wal-Mart or purchased online here.
So, if you need a small little gift idea for your mom, grandmother or 26 year old daughter/sister/friend, a heated throw blanket might just make their dreams come true this Christmas. Much like it did mine in 2009.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Heated Throw Blanket. (am I getting old?!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment