Thursday, November 18, 2010

CrossFit: Revisiting Breakfast

For some time now, Justin and I have been very regular about our workout regimen - how frequently we go, the types of exercises we do and always challenging each other to reach certain goals. Lately, we have done classes ranging from spin, lift, cardio/step and bootcamp to bikram yoga (me, not justin :)) We would like to think we are heart-healthy, fairly 'fit' individuals.


Well, we were brought to a new, humbling fitness level last night (and it was a low one!). Enter: CrossFit. 


Last night, we did the Workout of the Day ("WOD" for all you new-to-CrossFitters out there, like us!) with some of Justin's friends from college who own CrossFit DFW. Most of the classes and workouts we do on our own consist of about 1 hour, so I was pleasantly surprised when we finished the WOD  in under 12 minutes. However, don't let time fool you into thinking it was a 12 minute stroll through the park. No, no. The sheer intensity of those 12 minutes consisting of shuttle runs, pull-ups (last time I did one was in 5th grade, I think), and overhead squats that got our legs to feeling like they were around 200 lbs each, hearts pumping like crazy and may or may not have caused someone to say hello again to their Frosted Flakes from earlier in the day! I didn't give up because I kept thinking about Jillian and The Biggest Loser the whole time....if they can do it, I can! And the fact that Justin's friends were watching and cheering us on the whole time, I was the only girl and my pride that wouldn't allow me to stop. 

So, I'm feelin it today. That good, tingly feeling in my muscles where I just know that the time spent last night, allbeit shorter than we spend at our gym, was extremely beneficial. Short & sweet....I love it! We are excited to go back!

If you want to learn more about CrossFit, check out CrossFit DFW. They are located in North Richland Hills and their site has their schedule and all sorts of great information about what CrossFit, nutrition, etc. The Saturday class at 9 AM is free, so if you live in the area you should definitely check it out!

3 comments:

Travis said...

Yes! CrossFit! It's painfully amazing. Miss ya'll, hope/glad you're doing well.

Let me know if you've ever down in Austin, would love to share a meal with you.

Carl Crew said...

You are hard core! I need to be doing Crossfit with you after this baby comes :) Love you Court!

Anonymous said...

Haha Court. Ew.