Sunday, September 19, 2010

Words on the weekend!

What did you do this weekend?! We had a great one...thanks for asking ;) I have to say that I absolutely just LOVE these two glorious days off of work but....why do they have to go by at lightning speed? I guess the age-old adage "Time flies when you're having fun" really is true. And I flat out don't like it! (PS - that's one of the only adages/phrases that I get right. I mess up EVERYTHING! Example: "It's like 6 and a half and one-half dozen in the other or....6 in one hand a half of 6 dozen in another?!" Geeze. I can never get the simple things right!!) Anyhow...


One of my favorite things about the weekend is waking up (without an alarm) on Saturday morning and those first few moments that my mind has to work SO hard to realize what day it is. I love getting to think to myself, "Oh, YESSSS...it's not a work day! You can roll back over and sleep sweetly, Court." To which...I do. Is that not such a great feeling?! I love it. I typically like to workout Saturday AM (nothing SUPER early!), but this Saturday...I slept in. And it was wonderful. And apparently much needed. :)


A few mentionable notes & photos from the weekend....enjoy!


My sweet Honey & I at her birthday dinner at Abuelo's...yum!

My mom, Aunt Mel, Honey & I 
(missed you, Hailey & Robyn!!)


*Hung out at 8.0's Friday night with some fun friends and took this slightly awkward prom picture....(sad we missed Britt's show, though!).



*We played TopGolf on Saturday afternoon with an old camp friend of mine :) and it is so much fun! What a great concept...Justin loved it!! He wants to open a location in Grapevine/Southlake area, which probably would go over really well! Details on our grand opening TBA...... ;)






*A little MooYah burger (heavenly and totally a reason to stay non-vegetarian forever) and Grapefest were our destinations Saturday night. LeFreak brought their A-game to the fest and we had a fun time watching them (and people who enjoyed the GRAPE a little more than they probably should have that night :0)) 


*Justin made the news (again) tonight!! His first appearance was a Fox 4 interview he was chosen to do at Sports Clips last winter. They interviewed him while getting a standard haircut on his thoughts toward Tiger Wood's comeback to golf. See below!


His 15 minutes of fame happened tonight as we were watching Ch. 33 news and sports they asked viewers to text in their response to the Cowboys disappointing 0-2 status. Justin immediately shot off a text and minutes later, I hear the news anchor saying "And Justin from Bedford says, '0-2...are you kidding me?! I'm done.' " Haha! So, not necessarily a face-time claim to fame appearance tonight but nonetheless...it seem that newscasters respect his professional opinion on sports! Here's a little recap for you curious cats out there! Justin the sportscaster!


*New life experience for me: Brikram Yoga for the first time ever today. Ok, wow....it was hot!! I was so incredibly nervous to walk into this class having never even doing normal-temperature Yoga before! On top of the heat and length of the class (a whopping 90 minutes in 100 degrees!), I was also worried about the smell of the room and just all that exposed, sweaty skin everywhere (eeeeek - germs!!!) but it ended up being a great experience. As hot as it was, I was oddly enough not focused on that and it was truly an awesome workout. I am looking forward to going back throughout the month so thanks, Lo, for calming my fears and pushing me to go! :)


*I am not a fish eater (it just tastes 'fishy' to me...imagine that!) but in the sake of getting all those beautiful Omega-3's in my body that I can...I am trying to like it. So, tonight, Justin and I had a nice meal of fresh Tilapia, crabcakes, fresh asparagus and salad. It was awesome!! I am super amazed at how easy fish is to prepare and cook. Justin did lemon-pepper seasoning and I sprinkled a packet of dry italian dressing mix on mine. So easy and they both tasted amazing! 






*Finally, fall officially fell on our front door today (try saying that 5 times fast!). My wonderful mother, Tambra, made us this great fall wreath and I really love the bright sunflowers that she incorporated! She told me that she was originally going to pull in some pumpkins but opted against them so that after Halloween we can still use the wreath up until Christmas time! (I am already looking forward to the wreath she will make us then, haha...thanks in advance, mom!:)) She also bought us the adorable wooden pumpkin sign that you see below and I just painted our name on it. I love fall and I love how incredibly talented my mom is. She can make just about anything beautiful and has one of the most creative eyes I know (it's sickening almost!). She is busy updating her blog with photos of her floral creations (because I told her it's a shame to not share), so hopefully those will be up soon for you to check out. It is such a refreshing thing to pull in fall colors around your home or apartment and a front door wreath is a great place to start. We are one of the few (if not only) people in our apartment complex building to decorate our entrance and I really think it makes people feel welcome and gives a warm feeling. Thanks, mom, for making our entrance "home-y" and if you need a special fall touch to your door....I'd obviously recommend her in a heartbeat ;) Here are some photos of our fall-fabulous apartment door :) 


Welcome to our crib! 

We are gathering for the harvest....are you?!?
(Oh, that's also a Tambra wreath at the bottom of the sign!)

Ta-Da! The beautiful wreath! The sign in the middle is an iron pumpkin I
found at one of my fav bargain shops, TJ Max!!

I look dorky and very nasty as this was after the above-mentioned
Bikram Yoga!! ;) But I made us both take this pic...haha!!

All in all, it was a great weekend and hope you had a great one, too! I want to end this rando blog with a quote from John Piper: 

"Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain." 

Dwell on that this week, how GOOD our God is and have a great one!

















3 comments:

Tambra Starnes said...

Love how you wrote on the pumpkin ~ adorable!!

Unknown said...

Funny how you guys cooked tilapia this weekend because Hailey cooked it last night for dinner as well! It was fantastic. You Starnes girls (well Starnes/Gresham now) sure know how to make us boys eat well. I want to come visit the new place soon. And Justin I want your autograph, you will be famous before to long.

The Greshams said...

Haha, as his publicist... I will charge a slight fee for Justin's autograph. Haha. Glad you liked the tilapia...how did Hailey cook hers??