Tuesday, July 23, 2013

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 Weeks 

Baby’s size: ~20in and 6lbs...but let's be honest, they don't really know. And the movement I feel at times indicates he's about 15lbs. 

Maternity Clothes: Entirely. And Justin's big t-shirts. And my robe. 

Sleep: Waking up SO often to use the restroom. I lose count some nights. I feel so bad for my poor feet, because when I take my first few steps after getting out of bed, they feel bruised and extremely sensitive, making me "waddle" all the more. I know they must totally enjoy me laying down and taking the weight off of them that wears them out during the day! The good news with sleep, however, is that heartburn issues have improved since he's dropped a little lower. This is gooooood :)
Best moment of this week: We were blessed with another sweet shower, hosted by my sister and mother in law. It was a diaper shower, but we were so fortunate enough to receive our stroller and several other essentials on top of loads of diapers and wipes. So thankful!! 

Miss anything: I guess uninterrupted sleep. (don't see this changing anytime soon!!)
Movement: YES....little wiggle worm!!

Food cravings: Same....cold things. And chocolate. 
How I'm feeling: Gosh, I am all over the place on this one. One day, I feel immense amounts of pressure, hip/pelvic pain and irregular contractions that are not pleasant :) Then the next day, I will be bouncing around with energy and no pain or pressure at all. It's totally random! Last week, there were a few days I thought that he was coming SOON. But this week, all has been pretty quiet (minus some major swelling issues, if you can't tell from the photo above!!). 
Gender: Boy...I confirmed again at 38 week appointment. All is good.
Belly button in or out: Out

Wedding rings on or off: Still off
Happy or moody most of the time:  Eager, anxious and excited to know when this little guy will make his arrival. Everything is washed, folded, organized (and re-organized). We have installed the carseat, set up swings, rockers & our hospital bags are packed and ready to go. We're all set. Just waiting....for this baby and our world to change. 
Looking forward to: The past week or so has been really tough mentally to not try and plan out the details of how/when he's coming. It has been, yet again, another gentle reminder from The Lord that as much as I feel I should be: I am not in control! I am thankful I am not and learning daily what it means to wait on Him and His perfect timing. Hayes will come when God sees fit for him to be here! Can't wait to meet him (and see what color this boys hair is going to be!! ;))

0 comments: