Monday, July 1, 2013

35 Weeks

How far along: 35 Weeks 

Baby’s size: ~19 inches and ~4.8-5lbs.....but it feels like he's a lot larger sometimes! ;)
Maternity clothes: It's hard to dress with much of a "purpose" anymore. Especially for work. Dresses are still the go-to, but a lot of the shorter length dresses I have are rather thin & see-through, requiring a slip or something to be worn underneath. Which....being pregnant + a tight slip + a bra + 100 degree Texas humidity = bad things. So, if you see me in a short dress....don't say I didn't give you a fair warning. Oh...shoes are also iffy these days. Do they sell maternity shoes?! Like, they start out normal, cute shoes with lots of cushion and grow with your expanding foot throughout the day?! Maybe I should invent these. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Moon Shoes" we used to have back in the day would work out well, also. Remember those?!
I think this would look ok with a maxi dress and 9 month pregnant belly. Yes?!

Sleep: Still fairly rockin' this department. Middle of the night trips to the bathroom may have increased a tad - sometimes still once, other nights 2-3 times. It varies, but I go right back to sleep easily. OH...and apparantly the snoring is back. Says hubby :-/ Not one of the stats I'm especially proud of.
Best moment of this week: Hearing that all looks just perfect with the Hayes-man at our last doctor appointment. His heartbeat is strong as can be and looks on-track length wise. It's also a relief getting to the point in the pregnancy where not only is the "light at the end of the tunnel" visible, but I know that should he happen to come early, we are past most of the really scary things that occur with delivering early. 
Miss anything: Shaving my legs comfortably and without error. If I'm lucky to muster up the courage to do it in the shower, it looks like I've attempted the task with my left hand and blindfolded. 

Movement: All. The. Time. (prepping myself for a very active little guy!!) Movement these days consists more of large jabs and kicks. Thankfully his positioning is fairly low, so I haven't experienced any of the elbows/feet in ribcage like many have mentioned to me. I asked my doctor about what I felt to be excessive hiccuping and he confirmed Hayes is just exercising his lungs in preparation for breathing! So, it sounds like those organs are working properly, which is great :)
Food cravings: Cold things  - watermelon, snow cones, popsicles, ice cream, FroYo....

Queasy or sick? (changing this category to "How I'm feeling"): I am feeling really good most days. Definitely slowing down a little bit but at the same time, feeling lots of energy to "nest" and clean out everything in sight, so I typically am tired from wearing myself out doing too much. Swelling of the extremeties has been my biggest issue as of late, so I really can't complain with how smoothly things have gone. Thank you, Lord!
Have you started to show yet?: Next question, please ;)

Gender: Boy ~ Hayes Austin Gresham. At this point if "he" comes out a "she"....lots of cross dressing will have to occur for several months! 
Belly button in or out: OUT

Wedding rings on or off: This week...they will come off. :(
Happy or moody most of the time:  Lately, having some sentimental/surreal moments realizing that it will be "just the two of us" for only a short number of days (34 but who's counting?)! Moments later, feelings of pure joy, gratitude and excitement at meeting our son and entering into this next adventure in our life together quickly diminish any of fears of the unknown. It is a sanctifying work of the Lord this being pregnant, I tell ya! 
Looking forward to: Weekly doctor appointments start next week so I am looking forward to hearing how he's continuing to grow like a weed these last few days. Finishing up a few final details on his room and will post some photos soon. :)

0 comments: