Ever try to invent something? And I mean invent something that is truly unique and there is nothing of its kind out there already? If you have ever seen ABC's The Shark Tank (coming back in March!), you know how tough it is. I think it is dang near impossible!
Unless you so happened to be the inventor of this.
Or this.
Or this.
Ok, so it can be done. But let me tell you my ventures in inventing..
A few years ago, I thought I had a genius idea that would revolutionize the lives of elementary school moms across the world. As I was supposed to be studying at the library one night, it was all I could think of. I thought I had truly created something unique. I was pumped. Here's how silly little me thought I was going to make the big bucks one day:
A few years ago, I thought I had a genius idea that would revolutionize the lives of elementary school moms across the world. As I was supposed to be studying at the library one night, it was all I could think of. I thought I had truly created something unique. I was pumped. Here's how silly little me thought I was going to make the big bucks one day:
The Problem: The Jelly part of the PB+J.
The PB part of the PB+J equation is typically effortless for most creators of this straightforward meal. Smooth and easy spreadin', whether using crunchy PB or regular. It is on in a few seconds and you are left with half of a beautiful sandwich, hopeful for the J that is shortly to come.
J, on the other hand, can give you a sticky run for your money. Personally, I have wars with my J. I either end up tearing holes in the slice or am left with a chunky, runny, ugly mess on the other half of what should be a classic delicacy. (I hear you...this is all before the days of squeezable bottles, and pre-mixed PB&J, mind you) (OH and YUCK to the pre-mixed kind, btw!).
The Solution: Sliced Jelly! Sliced cheese work great for your turkey sandwich so I figured, 'why not sliced jelly?!' Convenient, quick and most importantly mess-less. I thought it was was a goldmine if I could figure out how to execute the 'minor' details.
An eager Google search to see if there was anything of it's kind out and I learned in seconds that there was a patent pending for my very idea. A group of students from OU it said. (sssssssss!) My ship instantly sank. It was back to the lame-o studying for me. (I have not researched the jelly slice issue again until now and I could not find anything. Hmm....maybe I DO have a chance!:))
I was not trying to invent something revolutionary like my sliced jelly or make the big bucks when I did this particular stunt a few weeks ago, but when I saw this face plate....I immediately thought, "I shoulda done that!!" Again, a lost opportunity where I was sooo...closee...
Check out what I mean.
Their snack plate:
These lil' guys/gals will run ya $15/ea and are re-useable.
My snack plate:
These lil' critters are free but for one-time use only. Dang it,
their idea wins. ;)
Maybe I should have taken this one all the way to the top a little sooner. :)

2 comments:
The other way to solve the PB&J crisis is to coat both pieces of bread with PB.
Your bread won't rip AND you won't have the pesky jelly soak through your bread by lunch time.
Why'd you stop blogging Court? I miss your posts.
Post a Comment